Pneumatic systems used in industry are commonly powered by compressed air. A centrally located electrically powered compressor powers cylinders, air motors, and other pneumatic devices. A pneumatic system controlled through manual or automatic solenoid valves is selected when it provides a lower cost, more flexible, or safer alternative to electric motors and actuators.
Pneumatic Vise BenefitsPneumatic vises are designed to use pressurized air to power their clamping abilities. Due to this distinct capability, pneumatic vises provide numerous benefits over other types of vises. Pneumatic vises are a sound investment that result in significant gains in manufacturing productivity. There are many advantages of pneumatic vises, some of which include:
- Source availability – Pneumatic vises require air to operate successfully. Due to air being extremely abundant, and free, it is easy to restock the system.
- Safety - Because pneumatic vises run on air, safety hazards are significantly reduced. There are limited occurrences of fires because air is non-flammable, and leakages in the system do not negatively affect the outside environment.
- Cleanliness – Since pneumatic vises are solely powered by air, the pneumatic vise typically requires limited cleaning. Pressurized air constantly pushes out dirt or debris that get stuck in the system. If there is a blockage, the simplicity of the design also helps. Due to the limited amounts of tubes, the system can be easily disassembled and cleaned.
- Maintenance – For the pneumatic vise to properly operate, it must be lubricated with oil consistently, but pneumatic vises are easier to maintain due to having fewer intricate parts than hydraulic systems.
- Reliability – Pneumatic vises generally have long operating lives and require little maintenance. Because air is compressible, equipment is less subject to shock damage. Air absorbs excessive force, whereas fluid in hydraulics directly transfers force.
- Simplicity of design and control - Machines are easily designed using standard cylinders and other components.
Contact Kurt Industrial Products Today
Contact us today for more information on our pneumatic clamping solutions.