Introducing the Kurt DX4 CrossOver Vise - Call Factory for Availability
The evolutionary DX4 CrossOver® Vise combines all the great features of the world-renowned KURT D40 and 3400V vises, along with new state-of-the-art workholding features. DX4 CrossOver achieves new levels in precision and performance where flatness and parallelism are important and is a better vise than our own D40 in every way we measure a vise. With KURT’S commitment, the DX4 CrossOver is destined to become the go-to-vise for today's machining applications.
DX4™ CrossOver® Features
- DX4 CrossOver vise is a combination of AngLock®, Pull-Type and 2 top bolt FEA designed stationary jaw. When combined they create an ultra-unique strategy for a better vise.
- AngLock® design reduces stress on body during clamping
- Pull-type design reduces stress on body during clamping
- Hardened vise bed/jaw plates
- Semi-hard steel screw
- 80,000 psi ductile iron body, nut and movable jaw
- 6.5" opening
- New wider 2 bolt stationary design fastens from the top
- Bolts & locates on 40mm, 50mm and 2" grid patterns
- Accepts sine keys for alignment (not included)
- Chip evacuation straight through the body
- Screw support held in place with snap rings
- Groove Lock® jaw plate and workstop (Included)
- New brush seal design makes it easier to replace
- Includes chip guard
- Powder coat paint is long lasting and durable
- Matching of the bed heights or keyway to stationary jaw (additional cost)
- Lifetime Iron Clad Warranty
DX4 CrossOver features comparison to D40 Vise
- DX4 is a replacement vise to D40 vise
- Larger opening (6.5" versus 3.75")
- Same bed height as D40
- Narrower body style than D40 and allows more vises on machine table
- Updated proven bearing pack shared with the 3400 series
- Same distance from the keyway to stationary as D40
DX4 CrossOver Vise Models Available
With our Lifetime Ironclad Warranty, the DX4 CrossOver vise is destined to become the go-to vise for all your machining applications. Order yours today, or contact Kurt Workholding to learn more.
We have moved away from keyways on our redesigned vises and there are several reasons for this change.
To start, reaming a precision hole is more efficient than cutting a keyway. It is easier to hold our precision location with a single bore then two entire surfaces of a keyway. This bore is also used as a basis for our other features (such as stationary jaw parallelism) and therefore a more consistent location transforms into a more precise product. It also allows us to put in additional precision holes to fit many grid plates (2”x2”, 40mm x 40mm, 50mm x 50mm) without adding additional cost to the final product.
Next, our reamers are rated at a H7 tolerance, which is DIA +.0003 to +.0006. The reamer creates a more consistent hole size. This precision allows the end user to have less setup time as the tolerance stack up of the reamed hole and sine key are minimized.
Also, the slip fit between the reamed hole and the sine key do not cause any install/uninstall issues. An oversized o-ring is applied to the sine key, which gets compressed as it is installed into the vise, keeping it securely fixed in the vise body. The previous design utilized a small socket head cap screw, which required an Allen wrench for installing/uninstalling, as well as an additional time to line up the key in the keyway, hold it there, and install the SHCS.
With our commitment and Lifetime Ironclad Warranty, the DX6 CrossOver vise is destined to become the go-to vise for all your machining applications. Order yours today, or contact Kurt Workholding to learn more.
Clamping Force Pounds
|Torque Ft. Lbs.
Back to Top ^
Products We Recommend
2D / 3D CAD Drawings
CAD drawings available from desktop computer only.
Back to Top ^