XL Series Extra Capacity Vises
Kurt Workholding’s XL extra capacity specialty vises are designed for the precision clamping of very large parts and for both tool and die production CNC machining applications. With maximum jaw openings up to 28.750”, XL Series vises lock precisely and hold workpieces securely, even in high horsepower “hogging out” applications.
All sides of Kurt XL extra capacity vises are accurate to within 0.001" for precise, easy alignment in multiples. These vises can also be mounted and used as receivers for other workholding fixtures.
Order the XL Series extra capacity specialty vise you need, or contact Kurt Workholding to learn more.
Extra Capacity Vise Options
Kurt’s family of extra capacity vises features nine different models, with two sizes, reverse configurations, and three operating options available.
See individual product listings for additional information and specifications.
Features & Benefits of Kurt XL Extra Capacity Vises
- Up to 12,000 lbs. of clamping force
- Patented AngLock design reduces jaw lift under pressure
- 80,000-psi ductile iron body
- 6” and 8” jaw widths available
- Jaw openings from 0” to 21”; maximum of 28.750” in outside jaw positions
- “Pull type” clamping ensures high precision and repeatability
- Ideal for high-horsepower “hogging out” applications
- Reverse models reduce “reach-over” distance for faster and safer part loading/unloading; this also makes part programming easier in the Y-axis positive direction
- Manual, pneumatic, and hydraulic models available
- Pneumatic option provides a precise and repeatable “gentle touch” for delicate parts
- Available with internal hex screw upon request
The Best Extra Capacity Vise for Your Machining Application
Kurt’s XL Series extra capacity specialty vises are the high performance, high precision workholding solution you need for your machining applications. Order the extra capacity vise you need, or contact us to learn more.