DockLock Zero Point Hydraulic Clamping System
The Leading Zero Point System on Machining Centers
This patented zero point clamping system consists of a mechanically actuated locking cylinder device that positions and locks the vise or fixture onto the machine worktable. It allows the user to locate or remove the workholding from a machine, or move it offline or to another machine and/or back again in just seconds with zero-point positioning accuracy every time. The DockLock system engages mechanically, and disengages hydraulically.
Widely used throughout Europe, the DockLock system is manufactured to the highest Swiss standards. Kurt Workholding is the exclusive Western Hemisphere distributor of DockLock systems for today’s demanding manufacturing applications.
To help you make the most of your DockLock system, Kurt offers informative DockLock videos and downloadable DockLock system brochures.
Contact Kurt Workholding today for more information about the DockLock zero point clamping system or to discuss custom workholding fixtures for your application.
Features & Benefits of the DockLock System
|Set-up changes parallel to machining||Reduces machine setup time up to 90% for increased productivity|
|Work interruption possible at any time without losing “zero point”||Flexibility for urgent orders|
|Zero point repeatable accuracy of ±0.0002”||Interruptible at any time without losing the zero point|
|5-face processing without unclamping||Provides obstruction-free machining|
|Further usage of existing fixtures||Huge time & cost savings|
|Inexpensive plug for clamping & centering||Simple mounting to fixtures, pallets, or workpieces|
|Dynamic, form-fit clamping||Improved surfaces, increased tool life & high security|
|Cylinders for direct integration into machine tables||No distortion forces in the machining table|
|Built-in cylinders||Allow any configuration in spacing on plates, setup tables & CMMs|
|Built-up cylinders||Provide a flexible arrangement on any machine|
DockLock System Cylinder Options
- Flanged Cylinders: avoid stress in machine tables & pallets; allow any configuration
- Built-In Cylinders: allow any configuration of baseplates, setup stations & measuring machines
- Built-Up Cylinders: for flexible array on machine tables, setup stations & measuring machines
New Cylinder with Collet LockThe DockLock zero point system’s new-generation clamping cylinders feature patented collet locks that provide numerous advantages:
- Form-fit connection between clamping cylinder, plug & workpiece
- Improved vibration damping
- Improved pull-in force (12,500 N/2,800 lbs. per cylinder) & retention force
- Collet’s suspension function makes fixture-handling easy on vertical layouts
- Few components for reduced susceptibility to dirt ingress
- Easy to maintain, with top accessibility
Contact Kurt Workholding to learn more about the DockLock zero point system.